I recently received an postal mail from citicards informing me that the statement is now available online. Unfortunately this letter has 16 digit cardnumber printed on it without any masking. Also the first line in the letter says 'Your statement is now available at http://' a drastic error.
I could not stop myself from calling citicards, because I have been in Cards and Payments industry for almost 8 years and knowing the importance of cardnumber. So I finally called citicards, the associate immediately answered me from the other side, very much appreciated. I was telling her that 16 digit cardnumber is printed on this letter without masking, she confirmed that thats how these letters are generated, which is 100% against PCI compliance. For more info of PCI compliance please visit https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/tech/download_the_pci_dss.htm . She then forwarded me to an Account Specialist Manager, he is also not aware of PCI compliance. It is so strange, Citicards is one of the leading credit card provider and their people do not know about PCI compliance.
Finally he gathered my feedback to pass it to concerned team. Hope all associates of citicards will be aware of PCI compliance.
1 comment:
good blog.
citicards online /
citicards online payment /
citicard com
Post a Comment